Why You NEED to Have a First Look
What is a first look? It's a beautiful and intimate moment for the bride and groom to see one another for the first time on their wedding day before the ceremony.
I've talked with countless brides and grooms about the concept of having a first look. The most common reason I have been given for not wanting to have a first look is tradition. Come to think of it, that's the only reason.
What I can tell you is that of all of the couples who have had a first look, not one of them regretted their decision. I HAVE had plenty of couples regret their decision to choose tradition.
Here are some of the many reasons why you SHOULD have a first look:
• You'll have TWO special moments of seeing one another for the first time.
• Seeing one another before the ceremony alleviates feeling nervous
• You'll have much more time to create lots of beautiful photographs together, while also having the luxury of taking your time in doing so
• You'll be able to choose locations that may be a little bit further from the ceremony
• If you only have one photographer and not two or more, they will be able to capture all of the details you spent so much time and money in choosing
• You'll get to enjoy your food, drink, and guests at cocktail hour
• You'll have the opportunity to have more than just one photo op with your family and friends
• You get to focus on being a bride or groom!
Some traditions are so important to carry on. With the way that weddings have changed, however, this is one tradition I truly believe we need to say goodbye to.
(But I'll still love you if you feel strongly about choosing tradition)